Thursday, July 31, 2008

Other Tasks as Needed

So I have a job. I go to it, I do stuff, then I go home. I don't necessarily like my job, but I like having one. No, my real PASSION in life is viewing television programing. I absolutely love watching it, listening to it, passively noticing it, thinking about it, quoting it, and giving it Eskimo kisses in secret.


I am particularly fond of situational comedies. The Office, Extras, Arrested Development, Grapes of Wrath, Chocolat, Water World, The Talented Mr. Ripley, The other Office, Lost, 30 Rock, Flash Forward. The list goes on.

For the past several hours I've been milling an idea over. The idea is that I travel through time to when I worked as an "Operations Assistant" at Direct Connect Satellite back in Rexburg last year, find money to pay a film crew, learn to be funny, and document the things I did that fell under the category "Other Tasks as Needed." That was about 90% of the job [The only part of my job that fell directly under my description was janitorial work]. The title of the previously untitled Karl Hite Project? Obviously "Other Tasks as Needed."

Office workers in their natural habitat.

I don't have time travel, a film crew, or a sense of humor, so in the end my sitcom is doomed to failure. I do, however, have an internet connection with over 10% of the network ports open, A computer with a 70% functioning keyboard, and a Google account that lets me author at least three blogs. Don't tell anybody, because it might somehow make it seem like I had committed to it, but I also have a digital camera that will take a video!

Enter- http://otasneeded.blogspot.com. It is a blog. It is a dream. It is ... severely underdeveloped.

My new job is a little more focused, but there may still be some inspiration in it. I got a raise for knowing how to right-click on a Mac!

1 comment:

gabi said...

when will you add me @ hippos?

my email address is zaxycu@gmail.com