Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Blogging is a Hard Thing

I have been a seriously active internet user for all of my sentient years. I read news stories, compose emails (strictly business, mind you; none of that mushy emotional crap here), I view a handful of YouTube videos each day, but never have I blogged. Verily, in my lifetime, not in any form have I kept a personal record, a journal, a diary, a doodle book, a chronicle, or a log. Both analog and digital forms have completely escaped me. I can't even hold onto a Ticonderoga pencil for more than two days. I only managed to keep a very popular GeoCities forum alive for all of three weeks back in high school; although the closure was partly due to a government entreaty and the shame of watching a grown man beg and cry.

Shout out to former BUHS Vice Principal of Discipline Bud Smith wherever you are!
"It's blasphemy and defamation of characters to let this kind of words happen"
"Actually, if it's written, it's libel."
"Shut up, Dad. You're not helping."

It's probably hard because of my laziness. Well I guess that wouldn't necessarily make it hard, it just doesn't get done. I lose interest quickly and lack motivation in most things, but I feel moved upon to make a record so that I can make my mark on one tiny corner of the 'net.

Invite your friends. Today I write the first, and likely the last entry in a new and digital logbook of whatever. I don't know what I plan to write here, but I plan to write. If it is entertaining or helpful in any way, yippee; I am the distinguished radical.

3 comments:

Jim Hite said...

Laziness is what you get when you don't have an opponent. Some people seem to be able to extrapolate the world or society as an opponent and that gives them the drive to conquer or at least beat Warren Buffet to the first 100 billion. Me- I'm more likely to wanna beat Jimmy Buffet to Margaritaville - but I'm old.

Karl Hite said...

I thought laziness is what you get when you put two Hites in a room, or was that an argument?

Mama Hite said...

Actually it only takes one Hite in a room to get lazy.